Tuesday, September 30, 2014


"Distant Storms"
*Granite peak hike*


The hike to the top of Granite Peak in WA state was a long and enduring one, but well worth the effort from what I could see at the summit...

Fall is here, and now is the perfect time to start planning a hike!

Estimated at 1000 Ft. elevation per mile, the 10 mile round trip hike was one of the more challenging ones backpacking all my camera gear to the top.
(Especially if I forgot to pack water and food...)




The view from the top is amazing, a dense grass land, spread out tree's here and there, with amazing fall colors and mountain ranges as far as the eye can see.

I'm planning a backpacking trip to the summit to practice my hand at more Astro-photography soon.




We started the hike a little late in the day so we only spent around 20 minutes at the top before we had to head back down while there was still some sun left in the sky.
Regardless there was definitely a godly presence up there, and I could of easily spent all day in such a place.



Perfect timing

The timing for this hike was amazingly perfect, fall colors all around and a sunny day in the mix of rainy days in the week, with just a touch of clouds in the sky.

This hike was one of my favorites so far.

What's Next

Next on my list of fall hikes is Mailbox Peak, with the infamous mailbox at the summit.
The 4th of October looks to be the set date for this hike and the next nice weekend in store for Seattle!

Lets make sure I pack a little smarter this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment